Broadcast Meteorologist, Forecaster, Forensic Meteorologist, General Forecaster, Hydrometeorological Technician, Meteorologist, Research Meteorologist, Space Weather Forecaster, Warning Coordination Meteorologist, Weather Forecaster
Investigate atmospheric phenomena and interpret meteorological data, gathered by surface and air stations, satellites, and radar to prepare reports and forecasts for public and other uses. Includes weather analysts and forecasters whose functions require the detailed knowledge of meteorology.
- Broadcast weather conditions, forecasts, or severe weather warnings to the public via television, radio, or the Internet or provide this information to the news media.
- Gather data from sources such as surface or upper air stations, satellites, weather bureaus, or radar for use in meteorological reports or forecasts.
- Develop or use mathematical or computer models for weather forecasting.
- Prepare weather reports or maps for analysis, distribution, or use in weather broadcasts, using computer graphics.
- Interpret data, reports, maps, photographs, or charts to predict long- or short-range weather conditions, using computer models and knowledge of climate theory, physics, and mathematics.
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics Hot technology; PC Weather Products HURRTRAK; SAS statistical software; WSI TrueView Professional
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop Hot technology; Advanced Visual Systems AVS/Express; Image editing software; Microsoft Paint
- Object or component-oriented development software — C++ Hot technology; Perl Hot technology; Python Hot technology; R Hot technology
- Operating system software — Cisco IOS; Linux Hot technology; Microsoft Windows Hot technology; UNIX Hot technology
- 프리젠 테이션 소프트웨어 — 마이크로 소프트 파워 포인트 핫 기술