Structural Iron and Steel Workers, Fitter, Iron Worker, Ironworker, Steel Fabricator, Steel Worker, Structural Steel Erector, Tower Hand
Ironworkers install iron or steel beams, girders, and columns to form buildings, bridges, and other structures.
- 프로젝트를 마쳤을 때의 성취감
- 자율성: 원하는만큼 적게 일할 수 있습니다.
- 일반적으로 오전 6시 30 분부터 오후 3시 30 분까지 시작합니다 : 오후에 다른 프로젝트를 수행 할 수 있습니다.
- 손으로 작업하십시오!: "기계적으로 기울어 질 때, 거래는 그것을 위해 우수합니다."
- Travel: If you are an international ironworker, you could do a job in another country if you want to. When you are young before you have a family and want to travel, you can work in different states and even different countries.
Ironworkers are “industrial athletes”, one of the most physical and mental jobs in the skilled trades industry.
- Unloads, erects, and connects fabricated iron beams to form the project skeleton.
- Works primarily on industrial, commercial and large residential buildings.
- Builds towers, bridges, stadiums, and prefabricated metal buildings
- Erects and installs pre-cast beams, columns and panels.
- Fabricates and places steel bars (rebar) in concrete forms to reinforce structures.
- Places rebar on appropriate supports and tie them together with tie wire.
- Installs post-tensioning tendons (cables) to place in concrete forms along reinforcing steel.
- Stresses the tendons using hydraulic jacks and pumps after the concrete is poured and hardened
- Installs metal windows into buildings a building's masonry or wooden openings.
- Erects curtain wall and window wall systems that cover the steel or reinforced concrete structure of a building.
- Installs and erects metal stairways, catwalks, gratings, doors, railings, fencing, elevator fronts and building entrances.
Rigging and Machinery Moving
- Loads, unloads, moves and sets machinery, structural steel and curtain walls.
- Operates power hoists, cranes, derricks, forklifts and aerial lifts.
- Has knowledge of fiber line, wire rope, hoisting equipment and proper hand signals.
Welding and Burning
Welding and burning equipment are considered tools of the trade and performed by structural, reinforcing, ornamental and rigging ironworkers to secure their work to the structure. Ironworkers can be tested to be designated a certified welder.
- 수동 손재주 : 손에 좋습니다.
- 손 눈 조정
- 비판적 사고와 문제 해결 : 예기치 않은 문제가 발생할 것이며 적시에 파악해야합니다.
- 세부 사항에주의
- 체력과 체력
- Unafraid of heights
- Foundation, structure and building exterior contractor
- Heavy and civil engineering contractor
- Union negotiates competitive rates: For example) In Forest Park, IL, $40.82 per hour as journeyman which is the position after you are an apprentice.
- 전체 의료 혜택 (의료, 치과, 시력)
- 더 나은 일자리와 놀라운 기회에 대한 접근
- Dangerous: Have higher-than-average risk of injury and illness. Workers may experience cuts from sharp metal edges and equipment, as well as muscle strains and other injuries from moving and guiding structural steel.
- Welding: Getting welding certification is the toughest part of being an ironworker. Takes a lot of practice.
- Downtime: When there isn’t work, you might be laid off and wait for another job. Don’t expect this to be a career where you are working the whole year. Your hourly rate is higher than most and your work is more physically demanding so you don’t need to work every day of the year to make a good living.
- Those who are certified in welding and rigging should have the best job opportunities.
- Those with prior military service are also viewed favorably during initial hiring.
- Building and fixing things! : working with your hands.
- 자연 속에 밖에 있습니다.
- Anything mechanical: Working on cars
Welders are an important part of the industry as they use different welding processes to join two pieces of metal together. That way, they are able to create bridges, structures, small appliances, and more.
Welding doesn’t have to be a male-orientated occupation as there are many women welders that are doing a much better job than men. The welding industry currently employs about 1% of females in its welding force. But it has been able to add more than 1,200 workers in the past three years, which is a lot as opposed to the years prior.
Predictions say that by the year 2024, more than 400,000 experienced welders will retire, leaving the door for women welders wide open.
Becoming a welder is a lucrative job opportunity because it doesn’t only offer you a steady job and a chance to travel all over the world, it also sets you up for life with a very lucrative salary. Reports indicate that a median salary for an Industrial Pipeline Welder starts at $36,000 a year, while a Certified Welding Inspector can earn up to $70,000 on a yearly basis.
Women welders usually feel a great sense of accomplishment for succeeding in a primarily male-orientated field and being a role model for women and young girls that are attracted to trades.
- 고등학교 졸업장 / 검정 고시가 필요할 수 있지만 공식적인 교육 요구 사항은 없습니다.
- Ironworkers learn their trade as supervised apprentices over a period of up to 3 or 4 years (~144 hours of technical education plus 2,000 of paid OJT)
- A sample curriculum includes courses in:
- OSHA 10, 30, and Sub part R
- First Aid / CPR / AED
- ForkLift Training
- Scaffold Erector Dismantler
- Trained Fire Watch
- Ironworkers International Qualified Rigger / Crane Signaler
- Architectural Ornamental
- Blueprint Reading
- C.O.M.E.T. - Construction Organizing Membership Education Training
- Foreman Training
- Layout Instrumentation
- Reinforcing Concrete
- Rigging and Cranes
- Structural Steel Erection
- 견습 과정은 실천을 통한 유서 깊은 학습 방법입니다. 대부분은 노동 조합 및 계약자 협회의 후원을 받습니다(자세한 내용은 권장 리소스 > 웹사이트 참조).
- Technical instruction covers proper tool and equipment usage, installation techniques, safety, first aid, blueprint reading, and general construction
- 산업 안전 보건청 안전 교육도 필요합니다.
- 선택적 인증 프로그램에는 다음이 포함됩니다.
- American Welding Society welding certifications
- National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators - Rigger Level I and II
- National Center for Construction Education and Research - Rigger & Signal Person Certification
- International Code Council - Structural Welding Special Inspector; Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector
노조와 계약자는 견습 프로그램을 후원합니다. 견습 프로그램에 입학하기위한 기본 자격은 다음과 같습니다 :
- 최소 연령 18세
- 운전 면허증
- 고등학교 졸업장 또는 이와 동등한 자격 (검정고시 또는 적성 시험 응시)
- 육체적으로 일을 할 수 있습니다.
- 약물 남용 심사 통과
프로그램 목록을 보려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
- Take courses in high school such as shop, welding, and math
- Start an exercise routine to build strength, stamina, and balance so you can work safely
- Working with iron, sometimes at elevated heights in outdoor conditions, can be very dangerous! Get in the habit of practicing outstanding safety at all times
- 적절한 개인 보호 장비를 사용하고 착용하는 방법을 배우십시오.
- 제 시간에 작업 현장에 도착할 수 있도록 운전 면허증을 취득하십시오.
- Learn as much as you can on your own about Ironwork. Study books, articles, and video tutorials related to the glass installation
- 실제 경험을 얻기 위해 프로젝트 자원 봉사
- 자격 증명을 강화하기 위해 전문 영역에서 인증을 받으십시오.
- Take pre-apprenticeship classes (gladiator classes) and contractors will come down and watch the people work and start drawing them from that group (like “tryouts”). Doing well in pre-apprenticeship classes almost guarantees you into the apprenticeship program.
- 견습 프로그램 완료 (참고 : 견습생 인 동안 급여로 작업하고 있음)
- 노조는 당신에게 서명 목록을 줄 것입니다 : 지역 노조는 당신에게 몇 가지 리드를 줄 것이고, 당신은 목록에있는 계약자에게 전화하기 시작합니다.
- 연락처 직업 봉사단
- Ask the local union for help: Get on the “out of work” list.
- Apprenticeships are the best way to get started
Check out sites like Apprenticeship.gov, CareerOneStop, Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration, and Helmets to Hardhats for info on opportunities
- 무역 또는 직업 학교에서 수업을 듣는 경우 경력 센터에 도움을 요청하십시오.
- If you served in the military, check out CareerOneStop or state websites for details on unique Veteran opportunities
- Let potential employers know you plan to stick through the long apprenticeship process
- 추정자: 작업에 예산을 책정한 다음 작업에 입찰합니다.
- 프로젝트 관리자 : 무대 뒤에서 서류 작업. 정보 요청이 작성되었는지 확인합니다. 돈은 돈을 받고 있습니다. 교육감과 함께 일하십시오.
- 교육감 : 작업 현장에서 인력 요구를 처리합니다. 재료 및 작업자.
- 포먼 : 일을 돌본다.
- 리드 사람 : 감독의 오른손 남자.
- Personally motivated to learn skills and master the trade
- “They leave it all on the job site.”
- Physically and mentally sharp
- Good with people
- 도구와 노조를 가장 잘 사용하는 사람은이 사람들을 고양시킵니다.
- Leader/Teacher: someone who knows the craft so well and they teach others.
- 미국 용접 학회
- 관련 건축업자 및 계약자
- 미국의 관련 일반 계약자
- 노동 고용 및 훈련 관리학과
- 하드햇에 헬멧
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers
- 국립 건설 교육 및 연구 센터
- National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators
Alternate careers: Boilermakers, Carpenters, Welders
"The most helpful thing to say to someone thinking of being an ironworker is just to try it out. If anyone feels any proclivity to such work they should give it a go.
After some short time, they will know if that is a career for them or not. People that love working with metal will fall in love with it as soon as they spend some time in a shop or on site. On top of that is to never stop improving and finding more ways to love your work. This is a tough profession and after many years of day in and day out work you will eventually wear out. The secret is to constantly be trying new things and branching out. If you weld MIG for many years then you could start learning TIG which is a very different game. If you are working in fabrication for too long and it becomes monotonous then you could try construction. That way you learn new things, meet new people, exchange experiences and forge your own path that may lead you to who knows where but wherever it does, it will be a place where only those with experience and love for their work can get to." Adam Mason, Welding Pros